Sunshine in my shadows

Welcome to sunshine in my shadows. This blog is my space to share all the stuff that makes up my every day life. Family, friends, crafts, recipes, books and all the little things that add 'sunshine to my shadows'. We all have a sprinkling of sunshine and an equal sprinkling of shadows in our lives. Hopefully you will find more sunshine than shadows to read about here and on the days when shadows fall, know that the sunshine is peeking just around the corner!


Copyright allthingschristmas.com

Friday, April 29, 2011

A very special award....



This week I was absolutely blown away, excited and delighted to be given this award from Bron over at vintageandart . I had seen this award on other blogs but never dreamt my humble blog would ever be given such an award. Thank you Bron for such a lovely compliment. Apparently I now need to tell my readers ten things about myself and share ten of my favourite blogs with you. So here goes...
  1. I have a faerie tattoo on my shoulder blade.
  2. I have an irrational fear of standing underneath power lines.
  3. I never finished High School.
  4. I studied classical ballet until I was about 15 years old.
  5. I am diabetic and struggling to adapt my lifestyle to suit.
  6. I love chocolate!
  7. I began studying to be a community welfare worker but stopped to care for my daughter full time when she became ill in her teens.
  8. I would love to travel the world.
  9. I love owls.
  10. Procrastination is one of my biggest bad habits!
Choosing ten favourite blogs is really, really hard! I follow so many wonderful, creative and interesting blogs, many of them covering very different areas of interest. Here are ten wonderful blogs from my followed list in no particular order.
  1.  My Friends Call Me Nelly
  2. Hill & Vale
  3. Tiili Peninsula
  4. I forget to floss
  5. thimbles and crumbles
  6. My Owl Barn
  7. The Pages of Avalon
  8. Heaven is a bookstore
  9. Bluebird Notes
  10. She Dreams Big
Phew!! Please note I chose 10 of my favourites at random from my followed blogs. I know I have left some of my friends off this list :( but the rules only allowed for 10. If I am a follower of your blog it means I love what you write/share and post! I hope my readers may discover some new blogs to follow from my list. Thank you again to Bron for giving me this my very first blog award. Definately a 'sunshine' moment in my day!

wishing you sunshine in your shadows
Helen

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award for a lovely chatty blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen, l've really enjoyed reading and learning more about you and can't wait to pop in and visit your list of fave blogs. So interesting that you were a dancer for so many years and that you love owls. l'm so happy you've enjoyed this and thanks also for your kind words and link. Have a great weekend Helen.
    Bron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Simmone. Hope you had a lovely weekend. :)

    Bron glad you enjoyed getting to know a little more about me. You would never know I was a ballerina once to see me now.(Lost the build very quickly LOL)
    Hope your weekend was great too!

    ReplyDelete