Sunshine in my shadows

Welcome to sunshine in my shadows. This blog is my space to share all the stuff that makes up my every day life. Family, friends, crafts, recipes, books and all the little things that add 'sunshine to my shadows'. We all have a sprinkling of sunshine and an equal sprinkling of shadows in our lives. Hopefully you will find more sunshine than shadows to read about here and on the days when shadows fall, know that the sunshine is peeking just around the corner!


Copyright allthingschristmas.com

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas blessings to all...

Christmas is almost over for another year. It's funny how the tree just doesn't look the same anymore. The lounge room has various gifts, bits of wrapping paper etc scattered around. The gloss and glitter just doesn't seem to have the same sheen and sparkle anymore! We had a wonderful day here today, my son and daughter, my daughter's friend from the States, my partner and I. All adults but we still shared the special moments that the spirit of Christmas brings.

The kids were all up at some ungodly hour of the morning. I believe it was around 3.30am. I refused to get up until a respectable 7.30am despite repeated nudgings from my 14 year old. Everybody was suitably spoiled by santa and we spent the rest of the day chatting, relaxing, eating and napping turn about.
My partner and I managed a few short hours of special time together early evening as the kids all went off to have dinner with their father and his new family.

Now late in the evening we are all winding down, each relaxing in our own way prior to bed. My son is staying with his dad for two weeks holiday. My daughter's friend is staying with us for approx 3 weeks so we will be trying to show her a little of Australia before she returns home.I feel truly blessed to have my loved ones with me this Christmas.
I hope your family was touched by the Christmas spirit and enjoyed a loving and relaxed day.
wishing you sunshine in your shadows
Helen

**photograph my own

No comments:

Post a Comment