Sunshine in my shadows

Welcome to sunshine in my shadows. This blog is my space to share all the stuff that makes up my every day life. Family, friends, crafts, recipes, books and all the little things that add 'sunshine to my shadows'. We all have a sprinkling of sunshine and an equal sprinkling of shadows in our lives. Hopefully you will find more sunshine than shadows to read about here and on the days when shadows fall, know that the sunshine is peeking just around the corner!


Copyright allthingschristmas.com

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Even on the gloomiest of days...

The birds still enjoy their bath! It's been so jolly cold here this week and damp as well but we still have our parade of little birds come for a bath and a drink each day. Often they visit 3-4 times a day. I only managed to catch a few in my photos but it is nothing for us to have up to 15 little birdies sitting around the edge of our birdbath. The photos were taken through our lounge room window (a tinted window at that) so aren't that fabulous but I wanted to share anyhow.
Have a wonderful weekend everybody and keep warm!


wishing you sunshine in your shadows
Helen

4 comments:

  1. Oh Helen they are lovely. I have a shallow bowl of water in the next door's 'garden' wilderness right opposite my study window, (no side fence on our driveway), so I sit and type and watch the birds come and go. I also throw scraps out there, left over rice, apple cores, they love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photographs Helen and such lovely words too - and so true that even on the gloomiest days there is still such beauty to be found.

    Love and hugs,
    Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh Helen birds... my fave... l recognise these little honeyeaters...we sometimes get them at sunset in our birdbath.l'm so glad you took these great pics for us to share and what a great job from inside your house. Geez l bet you'd just want to sit and watch all day.
    Bron.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lyndel, Linda and Bron thanks for your comments and sorry it took me so long to acknowledge them. Life has just zoomed along recently and then with Blogger playing up!!!

    Lyndel we throw tit bits out for the birds as well and in winter often buy a seed bell to hang in one of the trees for the seed eaters.

    Linda I try to find beauty in something each day and really nature usually comes up trumps for me. I know you will relate.

    Bron sometimes I do sit for quite a long time watching the birds, it really is lovely to see them come and go. We see them collecting twigs etc for nests and later they bring their babies to drink and bathe etc.

    ReplyDelete